Attingham Attingham Park is a magnificent mansion and park on the outskirts of Shrewsbury - it was once considered to be Shropshire's grandest home. The mansion there today sits on the site of an earlier house called Tern Hall. Designed by George Steuart, it was built between 1783 and 1785 around the old Tern Hall for the 1st Lord Berwick. The construction is of local Grinshill stone with 11 bays service wings and an attached library
Remedial works carried out by Croft include stone repairs to parapets, replacement of sheet lead roofing and the re-design and reconstruction of lead lined parapet gutters, stripping of the south roof slope and re-slating, and the renewal of lead flashings and soakers, and the renewal of lead cornice coverings.