Holy Cross Church - Bobbington
The Holy Cross Church at Bobbington was re-built in 1878 There is evidence that there was a church on the present site near to the centre of Bobbington village by the 12th century. The church of Holy Cross is built mostly of ashlar and was restored in 1878. Croft has been selected for 2 contracts on this appealing church.
The first project comprised the stabilisation and replacement of areas of lath and plaster ceilings, re-plastering walls in traditional haired lime plaster, decorations and remedial electrical installations internally and, externally, replacement stonework and re-pointing of stonework, overhauling and replacement of rainwater goods and installation of land drains.
A second, recently completed scheme was for the removal of the existing felt covered flat roof to the church tower and the construction of a new tiled pyramidal roof - this was based on photographic archive information and replaced the structure that was removed, probably at the beginning of the 20th century.